A place for help, advice, and ideas

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Post wedding blues

I'm so intrigued by the phenomena of post wedding blues. I (like most brides) was so excited for my wedding. I had so much fun planning, but there were certainly times I wished it would just be over already. I loved my wedding day and had a fantastic time spending a few days in Miami after. I was truly so happy enjoying (my very new) married life.


This is why I did not anticipate crying on the airplane home from our minimoon. Yes, you read that right, crying. I suppose it could be chocked up to being exhausted, but at the time all I remember thinking ( and saying in between sobs) was I can't believe it's all over. I knew that after we got off the airplane I wouldn't have to contact any vendors. I didn't have to think about place cards or invitations and believe me that made me SO SO happy, but there was a part of me that could not believe after a year of planning that it was over. I quickly pulled myself together and fell into enjoying married life within a few hours. However, I did long for another party or event to plan. I pretty quickly started honeymoon planning.

Part of me thinks it's only natural to get a little nostalgic and perhaps blue after the wedding day is over, but I really want to know am I the only one that suffered from a little post wedding day blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment